Last night Donald Trump’s 2005 Tax return was put in the public eye for all to see. Rachel Maddow, who got scooped on her “bombshell” by Trump himself, put it on national TV. Now, if you thought that they had a benevolent agenda behind this reveal, you are only fooling yourself. What they did was an attempt at slander.
By unloading this information, MSNBC and Maddow were attempting to knock Trump down a peg. They were BEGGING for there to be bad data or Russian ties or something illegal in them. All I’ve been hearing all morning is how good or bad this is for Trump, MSNBC, Maddow, and the country. But you know what I haven’t heard? Someone explaining exactly what this all means.
So, given that I just filed my own personal taxes, I thought I’d take a moment to try an explain what his 2005 tax return actually means along with some salient points.
- President of the United States Donald Trump did file a tax return in 2005 and paid taxes to the US government.
- It actually means he paid $38 million in taxes, took a loss of over $100 million, and made over $153 million in 2005. Kudos!
- It actually means that Trump making so much money while still taking massive losses means capitalism works.
- It actually means that Donald Trump really is as rich as he says he is. Sorry Hillary and all liberals that were hoping otherwise.
- It actually means that he had an effective tax rate of 25%.
- THAT actually means his taxes were far more than most other wealthy Americans. The average tax rate for the 0.1%-of-all-Americans-bracket he is in paid 22.48% on average (Source). The top 1% rate in 2005 was 19.7% (Source).
- It actually means that he paid nearly double what Mitt Romney (14.1%) and the “champion of the little guys” Bernie Sanders (13.5%) did (Source).
- THAT actually means everything Bernie Sanders has told the American people about “fair share” and “wealth equality” is total and complete bullshit since Bernie seems to have barely paid anything at all compared to others in his bracket.
- It actually means that this New York Times story is indeed fake news, false/misleading information, and was an attempt to sway the American people with zero factual evidence at all.
- It actually means Donald Trump has a pretty phenomenal tax team.
- It actually means Donald Trump’s $100+ million dollar loss shows that he knows the benefits of tax avoidance. Tax avoidance is perfectly legal and every American should practice it to try and mitigate their own taxable incomes.
- It actually means that Donald Trump did NOT practice tax evasion which is illegal (this is what infamous gangster Al Capone was nailed for in 1931) and is what most liberals were accusing him of this whole time.
- It actually means that Donald Trump DID pay his “fair share” because the average effective tax rate for American households was 8.8% (!!!) percent in 2005 (Source).
- THAT actually means that Trump paid 2.84 times more (in percentage of total wealth) in taxes than the average American household.
- It actually means that MSNBC, David Cay Johnston, and Rachel Maddow are guilty of publicizing private information.
- THAT means Donald Trump can sue them according to digital media law (Source). Though that source says publicizing private facts is okay if the information is newsworthy, there are several examples in the media (liberal and conservative), saying this is a non-story and non-issue. Those are perfectly acceptable grounds for Trump to put Maddow, Johnston, and MSNBC completely under.
- It actually means the liberal media should just shut up for once, let the facts play out, and not try to push their backward, UNTRUE agenda down the American public’s throat.
- It actually means Rachel Maddow is the biggest hack “journalist” on TV right now.
- It actually means that President Trump might actually know what he’s doing and that he doesn’t lie about what he says. Of course that’s not what the left says. But we now have proof positive to the contrary.
And my final point will be this. According to most people talking about this, including a lot of liberal outlets, Trump’s tax returns are what they’re calling a big “nothingburger.” Meaning, it’s not a big deal. I’m here to tell you that this is, in fact, a HUGE deal. This proves that Trump wasn’t lying and that his tax returns really don’t matter at all. It proves that the liberal media froths up hysteria for quite literally no reason. It proves that the left will stop at nothing to control the brainless leftists who take their word as bible.
What I’m really here to tell you is that you need to think for yourself and not take what the liberal media is telling you as the truth. This entire story shows what they tell you is more than likely the exact opposite.
But what do you think? Does Trump’s tax return matter? Let us know in the comments below.