Happy days! Keep it going boys!
Reports this morning are showing that over the weekend, successful bombings of Al-Qaeda forces in Syria had destroyed many high profile targets, including an Al-Qaeda official who had been wanted by the government for many many years.
A Pentagon official confirmed reports that a senior Al-Qaeda commander was killed in a military airstrike in Syria.
On Sunday morning Peter Cook, the Pentagon’s press secretary, confirmed the death of Sanafi al-Nasr, whose full name is Abdul Mohsen Abdallah Ibrahim al-Charekh. Cook said al-Nasr was killed on Oct. 15 in an airstrike led by ‘coalition forces’ in northwest Syria.
According to Cook, al-Nasr was the highest ranking leader of a group of veteran al-Qaeda operatives, the ‘Khorasan Group,’ and a longtime jihadist. He reportedly was experienced in funneling not only money but also fighters for al-Qaeda.
This official was hugely important to Al-Qaeda.
Cook credited al-Nasr with moving funds from the Gulf region into Iraq and to al-Qaeda leaders from Pakistan and Syria. He also reportedly organized and maintained travel routes for new recruits from Pakistan to Syria through Turkey. Al-Nasr was in charge of al-Qaeda’s core finances in 2012 before he moved to Syria in 2013, Cook said.
It’s important to note that this person was a massive loss for Al-Qaeda and it’s regime against the U.S. Now that they have less resources on their financial side to help raise funds for terror.
(Source: The Blaze)